The Anchor

The Student News Site of Rockport-Fulton High School

The Anchor

The Anchor

Get Out
Get Out
February 15, 2024

The Power of Adrian

Ian Kutach

Today I interviewed Adrian Estrada a fellow senior. I asked him a couple of questions about powerlifting. My first question was what made him want to join the powerlifting team, he said that he joined because his sophomore year he wasn’t starting on the soccer team so he looked for something that could help him get stronger for football to get a starting spot. He also stated that it went amazing he went to regionals but didn’t place but the following year he kept at it and did a lot better. My next question was how is it going with new coaches he said it has been fun and they have had a relationship since football season and the workouts are different but they do help with getting stronger. Another question I asked was how he thought the season is going. He responded with its is going good as a team and individual he has gotten his state total the first meet of the year and his goals are to win state. My last question I had for Adrian was what are his plans for after graduation. He stated that he is going to the Texas A&M University in Kingsville and want to study Industrial Management and applied engineering technology he also added that they have a powerlifting team and may want to join it.